Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
“A Billion Cells in Tecplot 360”
A decade ago, Tecplot, Inc. embarked on a multi-year performance-focused development effort that has resulted in dramatic and sustained improvements in the performance of Tecplot 360. That effort has culminated in the introduction of the latest version of Tecplot 360: Tecplot 360 2012.
The changes are huge, but we want to make sure our users can take advantage of them. That’s why this Thursday, April 26, Drs. Scott Imlay and Durrell Rittenberg will present “A Billion Cells in
This webinar will teach you Tecplot 360’s large-data strategy, including:
- Optimizing for trends in computer/network performance
- Minimizing data access using load-on-demand
- Maximizing parallelism on multi-core computers using threading
- Visualizing remote data using virtual desktop interface (VDI)
- Demonstrating the dramatic gains in performance by comparisons to earlier versions of Tecplot 360 and to an open source visualization package.
The presentation will be 30-40 minutes, allowing plenty of time for live Q&A.