BELLEVUE, WA — December 13, 2012 —Tecplot, Inc. announced Tecplot RS 2012 Release 2 is now available. New features include:
- Plot Gallery: Save a collection of plots that you create interactively or in a batch process. The Plot Gallery saves the key information about each plot, including plot type, view orientation, paper layout, display options, annotations, and the data used in the plot. This allows users to instantly recreate the plot by selecting the plot name from the Plot Gallery manager. You can also Print or Export plots to a file directly from the manager dialog. The Plot Gallery is saved for each project. Access to the Gallery menu is available from the menu bar.
- Arbitrary Slices can now be displayed for all of the comparison grids when using the Grid Compare option. This enhancement improves your ability to explore multiple grid solutions simultaneously.
- Load up to 10 grid solutions and compare them interactively.
- When comparing multiple data sets in XY plots, the active data set name is now included in the legend along with the comparison data set names. This allows for easier identification of the data being displayed.
- Histograms and cross plots can now be displayed by activating the ‘Stats’ toggle in the sidebar for grid plots. This allows the quick display of these plots without having to bring up the associated dialog that may obscure the plot.
- Numerous enhancements and bug fixes for existing features to improve the user experience.
Platforms and Pricing
Tecplot RS R2 now supports SUSE Linux Enterprise Destop (SLED) 10.4, 11.2, Ubuntu 12.04, and Windows 8. Support has been discontinued for Ubuntu 8.04, and this is the last release that will support Ubuntu 10.04. All supported platforms are listed on the Tecplot website.
Pricing starts at $6,600 in the U.S. for a single-user perpetual license. Tecplot RS users with current SMS subscriptions can upgrade to the newest version at no cost. Special pricing is available for qualified academic users and consultants upon request.
About Tecplot, Inc.
Founded in 1981 and based in Bellevue, Wash., Tecplot, Inc. empowers engineers and scientists to discover, analyze, and understand information in complex data, and to effectively communicate the results to others. Since then, Tecplot has been applying and influencing the latest advances in visualization technologies and plotting capabilities. With thousands of users worldwide, Tecplot has become the trusted name in data visualization.