Software Development Engineer
Tecplot, Inc. is a leading provider of data visualization and analysis software. Located in Bellevue, Washington, Tecplot empowers engineers and scientists to discover, analyze, and understand information in complex data, and communicate results with professional images and animations. Our company culture is casual, yet focused on providing high quality visualization products that help users to be more creative, efficient and productive. With thirty years of experience, and thousands of users worldwide, Tecplot, Inc. has become a trusted name in data visualization.
Tecplot, Inc was selected as one of the Red Herring Top 100 North America Technology Companies for 2012 and the Seattle Business magazine – 100 Best Companies to Work For 2012.
Tecplot is currently looking for a Software Development Engineer. In this position you will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of our software products. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, and enjoys working in a collaborative, productive and fun atmosphere.
- Work closely and effectively with other members of the development team to produce software solutions that satisfy the company’s business requirements.
- Design software components and systems in collaboration with the Software Architect and Development Lead(s).
- Implement, in conjunction with other development team members, components, libraries, and applications. This software will generally be written in C++ and run on Linux, Windows, and Mac platforms.
- Produce the necessary documentation for this software. This documentation will range from standard in-source comments to end-user documentation, which will be done in cooperation with technical writers.
- Work with members of the QA team to ensure that the software has minimal defects and provides the desired functionality and performance before it is deployed.
- Work closely with the Development Lead and Product Management to schedule development activities, report progress, and in general, improve the team’s ability to deliver high-quality software in a rapid and predictable manner.
- Communicate with and/or support, when needed, other teams within the organization, as well as its customers, partners, and vendors, to promote the interests of the business.
- Attend all necessary departmental, company, or project meetings as required or requested by Management.
- Keep up-to-date on technology that is pertinent to the company’s business and actively seeks to share that knowledge with other team members.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering, computer science, math or physical science from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years programming experience developing software using C++.
- Experience with and thorough understanding of Object Oriented techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming techniques and performance profilers.
- Ability and desire to work as a part of a team of other highly skilled developers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage own work effort when required.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks. Google C++ Testing Framework is preferred.
- Experience building desktop software preferred.
- Experience with or understanding of Qt, Boost, STL, CMake, and agile development is preferred.
- Lives locally
Why work at Tecplot, Inc? Here are a few reasons:
- 401(k) with company matching
- Free espresso, tea and soft drinks
- Free parking with easy access to bus and bike routes
- Free lunch Friday
- Quarterly chair massage
- Company-wide events and celebrations
- Team building events
- Tecplot Lab days
- We believe strongly in work/life balance
- Strong cycling community — bike to work month — our team rode 806 miles
- Partner with Hopelink to provide support within our community
To learn more about Tecplot visit LinkedIn.
Forward resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to:
PO Box 52708
Bellevue, WA 98015