Problem: When trying to install RLM on Windows 2000, the installer hangs. Is there any way to install it on this platform?
Solution: Tecplot 2009 products and newer are no longer supported on Windows 2000. However, Reprise Software still supports RLM on the platform. The following process allows you work around the installer problem and manually install RLM on Windows 2000:
- Run the RLM installer and once it hangs, copy the teclmd.set, rlm.exe, and rlmutil.exe files from the installation directory.
- Cancel the installation, log out, and log in to Windows. This will cause most of the installation files to disappear.
- Copy the teclmd.set, rlm.exe, and rlmutil.exe back into your RLM installation directory (or a different directory) along with the license key file, tecplotlm.lic.
- Double-click on the rlm.exe file to start RLM
- Go to the browser-based admin page, http://localhost:5054/, and click on the “Manage Windows Service” section.
- Select the “INSTALL service” action, name the service, and make sure that the “Server Debug Log” and “Server License File Directory” point to the directory where you placed the RLM files. Click Apply.
- Close the command prompt where you ran rlm.exe.
- Go to Start > Run and type services.msc to show the Windows service list. Start the RLM service you created.
RLM should now be up and running. When you reboot, Windows will start RLM automatically.