Question: What are the new features in Tecplot 360 2012 R1?
Answer: The new features in Tecplot 360 2012 R1 include:
1) Streamtraces can now be randomly seeded on a surface. The Steamtrace Details dialog has been modified to accommodate this feature. Just select ”Surfaces of Active Zones” or “Surfaces of Selected Objects” from the “Seed Steamtraces By” dropdown list.
2) Slices can now be constrained by a bounding box. This is found on the Constraint tab of the Slice Details dialog. You can set both the center of the box and its dimensions.
3) The ANSYS loader was updated to handle ANSYS 14 files.
4) We added an ANSYS CFX loader.
5) The Fluent loader now saves an index file making subsequent loads of the same data faster.
6) Python 2.7.2 is included with Tecplot 360 2012 R1.
7) Inprovements to the Linux/Mac installer.