The new features in Tecplot RS 2012 are:
1) The Load XY Data dialog now has an option to load derived variables (ex: Gas-Oil Ratio). This feature appears as a checkbox in the bottom center of the dialog. It only works when loading CMG files.
2) Faster CMG loader performance.
3) The number of line style sets for XY plots has been increased to 100.
4) RS has a new interactive compare feature that lets you compare up to four different grid solutions. The controls for this are found at the bottom of the sidebar (Options button).
5) The Generic ASCII file format has been enhanced to allow specification of entity type.