Can the Reprise and FLEXnet license managers operate successfully on the same machine?
Yes, but Windows platforms require a small adjustment to enable this. Tecplot product license management will not interfere with the management of non-Tecplot products. However, managing Tecplot product licenses with both Reprise and FLEXnet on the same computer can cause problems on Windows platforms. Both license managers use teclmd as the name of the license management service and Windows platforms do not allow the installation of two services with the same name. To work around this, please do the following:
- Open the FLEXnet “LMTools” and switch to the Config Services page.
- Note the paths for the lmgrd.exe, license key, and debug log for future reference.
- Click “Remove Service” and then “Yes” to confirm.
- Rename the “Service Name” to something other than teclmd.
- Restore the paths for the lmgrd.exe, license key, and debug log.
- Click the “Use Services” and the “Start Server at Power Up” checkboxes.
- Install the Reprise License Manager and set it up as described in the Installation Guide.