New Release Allows Python Script Recording and Playback in Tecplot 360
November 16, 2017, Bellevue, Washington: Tecplot, Inc. has announced the general availability of Tecplot 360 2017 Release 3. This release has added capability and improvements in several different areas. Highlights include:
- PyTecplot, Tecplot’s Python API, can be used to record Python scripts and play them back live in the Tecplot 360 interface.
- LaTeX fonts, a commonly used notation for inclusion of symbols and formulae, have been made available in the Text Details dialog.
- The introduction of VTU (unstructured grid) and VTM (multi-block) file loaders emphasize Tecplot’s commitment to supporting open file format standards.
- Numerous improvements have been made to simplify working with slices and iso-surfaces, which are part and parcel to understanding volumetric data.
- Also wrapped into this release are over thirty bug fixes and performance improvements.
See our PyTecplot video tutorials »
“Four distinct types of users will be interested in this release,” said Scott Fowler, Tecplot 360 Product Manager. “Engineers who are building automated workflows for complex task analysis can control Tecplot 360 from their Python scripts. COMSOL, PyFR, SimVascular and Envenio users will be able to load VTU and VTM file formats. Academics and researchers can use LaTeX fonts to add complex notation to their publications. And any customer who has reported a bug will take note of the number of bug fixes and performance improvements.”
About Tecplot, Inc.
Tecplot, an operating company of Toronto-based Constellation Software, Inc. (CSI), is the leading independent developer of visualization and analysis software for engineers and scientists.
CSI is a public company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:CSU). CSI acquires, manages and builds software businesses that provide mission-critical solutions in specific vertical markets.
Tecplot visualization and analysis software allows customers using desktop computers and laptops to quickly analyze and understand information hidden in complex data, and communicate their results to others via professional images and animations. The company’s products are used by more than 47,000 technical professionals around the world.