Tecplot is the market leader in visualization & analytics for simulation data. We create fast, reliable, and user-friendly engineering software with best-in-class technical support to the biggest names in aerospace, energy, academia, and adjacent industries. Our customers research & develop rockets, airplanes, helicopters, nuclear reactors, electric vehicles, wind turbines, ships, race cars, and so much more. We’re a small, international team of friendly, honest, and intelligent people with a mission to help engineers and scientists get the most out of their data.
How you contribute to our mission
Our engineering software products are world-class, but our revenue operations systems are not. We’re looking for someone who can help Tecplot level-up our operational systems, while ensuring flawless day-to-day execution. Your work will be critical to ensuring we remain the preferred choice for post-processing software by improving & maintaining our sales, marketing, and support technology stack & associated processes.
Officially you will report to the Director of Customer Development, but in practice you will work closely with and serve several key stakeholders throughout the organization daily. You’ll act as an individual contributor (i.e., not a people manager), however, due to your expertise in & ownership of business-critical operational systems you will be expected to provide guidance and direction regarding best practices to end-users of these systems.
- Manage all technical aspects of key sales systems used to track active deals, historical activity, and prospects.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to build & maintain key marketing systems used to generate, distribute, and report on leads.
- Manage all technical aspects of key customer support systems used to track and resolve customer issues.
- Implement, maintain, and configure the technology stack used by our sales and marketing teams.
- Own & maintain existing processes & databases as needed to include:
- Order entry, processing, and invoicing
- Customer licenses, price lists, and product codes
- Export compliance
- Build reports and dashboards for Customer Support, Marketing, or Sales as needed in CRM and PowerBI.
- Extensive experience (2+ years) administering instances of Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
- Experience with marketing automation software (ClickDimensions, HubSpot, etc.).
- Proficiency with web content management systems (preferably WordPress).
- Experience showing an innate drive to identify inefficiency, drive process improvement initiatives from concept to delivery, and diligently maintain processes and databases.
Preferred experience & skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and user experience.
- Willingness to tackle a variety of challenges in a small business.
- Experience with methods for integrating, customizing, and automating revenue operations processes.
- Familiarity with creating dashboards in PowerBI.