Tecplot is the market leader in visualization & analytics for simulation data. We create fast, reliable, and user-friendly engineering software with best-in-class technical support to the biggest names in aerospace, energy, academia, and adjacent industries. Our customers research & develop rockets, airplanes, helicopters, nuclear reactors, electric vehicles, wind turbines, ships, race cars, and so much more. We’re a small, international team of friendly, honest, and intelligent people with a mission to help engineers and scientists get the most out of their data.
Tecplot is currently looking for a Software Test Engineer. This position is responsible for testing Tecplot’s desktop engineering visualization/analysis applications to ensure they pass test case specifications and acceptance criteria, as well as the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of Tecplot’s GUI automated regression test suite on Windows, Linux, and Mac. The automated test suite is written in Python using Squish for Qt. We are looking for someone who is passionate about engineering, math or science that is detail oriented, enthusiastic, motivated, and enjoys working on a collaborative, productive team.
- Participate in planning of new features, propose effective test case designs, and provide estimates for manual testing and test automation implementation.
- Work closely and effectively with other members of the development team to produce efficient, reliable, and maintainable automated GUI regression tests, using Squish, that satisfy the software test cases.
- Work with members of the Development team to ensure that the software has minimal defects and provides the desired functionality.
- Work with the development team to document and reproduce discovered defects.
- Isolate discovered defects to the minimum steps to reliably reproduce the defect outside the automation framework.
- Verify the correct resolution of defects.
- Refactor legacy tests in the automation codebase for improved reliability.
- Collaborate to review each other’s code for robustness and to both teach and learn.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering, computer science, math or physical science from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years programming/scripting experience using Python.
- 2+ years experience testing desktop software.
- Experience with Squish test automation framework is preferred.
- Experience with Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems is preferred.
- Ability and desire to work as a part of an agile team of other highly skilled developers.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with or understanding of Qt, CMake, C++, Gitlab, Target Process, and agile development is preferred.
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.