We believe visual data analysis is the key to unlocking information hidden in complex data, leading to world changing discoveries and innovation. Tecplot, Inc. is a leading provider of data visualization and analysis software and is located in Bellevue, WA. Our company culture is casual, yet focused on providing high quality visualization products that help engineers and scientists to be more creative, efficient and productive. With over thirty years of experience, and thousands of users worldwide, Tecplot, Inc. has become a trusted name in data visualization.
Tecplot is currently looking for an entry level Technical Support Specialist. In this position, you will provide comprehensive technical product support by phone/email to our customers. Work closely with the development team to support issues from our customers. Provide license management for our customers and distributors. A strong customer service attitude is required.
- Research and resolve complex customer product usage questions.
- Research and resolve software installation and configuration problems.
- Reproduce and report software defects to development team.
- Develop macros and python scripts to optimize customer and prospect workflows.
- Develop and deliver online and onsite training.
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations to prospective customers.
- Conduct technical feasibility discussions as part of the sales process.
- Manage, administer and troubleshoot customer licenses and license database.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering, computer science, math or physical science
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years technical support experience, preferred
- Experience delivering web-based and in-person technical product training
- Experience with Windows, Linux/Unix, and Mac operating systems.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people on the phone and through email.
- Ability to provide and document clearly written procedures.
- Two or more years of programming experience using C++, Java and/or Python.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual
and practical problems
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent customer service
To learn more about Tecplot visit our website
Forward resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org