We believe visual data analysis is the key to unlocking information hidden in complex data, leading to world changing discoveries and innovation. Tecplot, Inc. is a leading provider of data visualization and analysis software and is located in Bellevue, WA. Our company culture is casual yet focused on providing high-quality visualization products that help engineers and scientists to be more creative, efficient, and productive. With forty years of experience, and thousands of users worldwide, Tecplot, Inc. has become a trusted name in data visualization.
Tecplot is currently looking for an entry-level Technical Support Specialist. In this position, you will provide comprehensive technical product support by phone/email to our customers, work closely with the development team to support issues from our customers, and provide license management for our customers and distributors. A strong customer service attitude is required.
- Research and resolve complex customer product usage questions.
- Research and resolve software installation and configuration problems.
- Reproduce and report software defects to development team.
- Develop macros and python scripts to optimize customer and prospect workflows.
- Develop and deliver online and onsite training.
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations to prospective customers.
- Conduct technical feasibility discussions as part of the sales process.
- Manage, administer, and troubleshoot customer licenses and license database.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering, computer science, math, or physical science
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years technical support experience, preferred.
- Experience delivering web-based and in-person technical product training.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with people over video calls, phone, and through email.
- Ability to provide and document clearly written procedures.
- Two or more years of programming experience using C++, Java, and/or Python.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual
and practical problems.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. (we do not offer Visa sponsorship).
- Lives locally.
Forward resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org