Chorus has a unique set of features that help you explore large data sets from multiple simulations, compare results and evaluate overall system performance. This tool helps engineers who run and generate many simulation or test data sets. The most common applications are:
- Optimizing your designs.
- Developing aero databases.
- Predicting performance over the operating envelope.
- Investigation an engineering problem.
In all these scenarios engineers need to manage their solution data, discover the trends and anomalies in output variables, and understand the underlying physics that cause these variations.
Without the visual clues Tecplot Chorus provides, we would be more likely to miss identifying problems early in the design process.
— Aerion Corp.
“One of the best things…is that it lets me spend more time working the problem and less time troubleshooting and writing scripts. What once took me 4 or 5 hours, now takes me only 5 or 10 minutes. —Swift Engineering
Tecplot Chorus can easily analyze from one to a thousand simulation cases at the same time. It incorporates an easy-to-use simulation data management system for both test and computational data. Tecplot Chorus integrates analysis and quality assurance processes with flexible features that are designed to manage, analyze, and visualize large collections of simulation cases, identify trends and anomalies in performance outputs, and link them to the underlying physics. This can result in more rapid prototyping of design concepts for faster time to market.
Windows requires installation be run as administrator.
Windows 7, 8.1, 10
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.5
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) 11.3
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS
|2GHz (64-bit) Processor
850 MB disk space and 4 GB RAM
Minimum display resolution of 1024 x 768
OpenGL accelerated graphics card
What’s New in Chorus
Chorus is released as a part of the Tecplot 360 releases. Here are the highlights of Chorus updates in each release. For details, see the Release Notes.
Chorus 2017 Release 3
- The legend for Group By has been separated into individual legends for each grouping: color, symbol and surrogate model.
- Legends in line and scatter plots are now movable.
- When a single point is left from filtering or grouping by for line plots, the point is now displayed.
- When using Color by Filter Violations, the legend can be turned on/off.
- Fixed crash when appending .csv data that contains mismatched data types.
Chorus 2017 Release 2
- The Group By feature in line plots has been replaced with the ability to use variables to define line color and symbol shapes, providing two levels of line groupings to help you better understand the trends in your data.
- The Licensing dialog now accepts a pasted single-user license key.
- We have also fixed a few bugs reported by customers, including one where relative paths to CSV files did not work in session files.
Chorus 2017 Release 1
You can benefit from the exploratory power of Chorus! Tecplot 360 2017 now includes Chorus and is available to customers with TecPLUS™ service.
- Chorus has improved the ability to learn more about data trends by allowing the use of variables to define the line color and symbol shape.
- Chorus now recognizes .bin and .tec filename extensions as Tecplot binary data files (normally .plt). These nonstandard extensions are used in output filenames by some solvers.
- Loaders for OpenFOAM, TRIX and EnSight data files have been added, allowing these to be opened in Tecplot 360 directly from Chorus. Learn more about Cart3D and Tecplot.
- Columns in header views can now be rearranged by dragging them, so that you can easily group related variables however you like.